Friday, September 15, 2006

Balance

Life is about balance; without it we become like a seesaw with mordidly obese person on one end and a small child on the other. Life becomes painful, unpredicatable, and difficult to sustain. Throughout life, we struggle to find balance in everything we do- work, food, entertainment, friends, and of course the ultimate balance of a mate.

JB and I weren't able to find that balance. The seesaw sometimes seemed to be and could have but there were always factors that made it tip one way or another. I was angry at myself and started to regret choices that I made. But in retrospect, the seesaw wouldn't have become balanced unless I gave up a bit of myself and self anger is not the answer. And since my catch phrase says I've been reassembled, no point in breaking it all over again.

The advice for people out there with an unbalanced life: examine yourself first and be able to live with yourself now. Take each variable out until you are balanced with yourself and your own life before trying to add to it. My grasshopper rant on this topic is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home